1. S/W Index and ECONOMIC PLAN.
One of the first actions of Arienti’s technicians is to calculate the S/W Index
of your farm: this data will highlight the potential margins of production and economic efficiency of the farm.
(We remind you that until 31st March 2022 you can request the calculation of the S/W Index and the business plan free of charge).
2. ANALYSIS OF THE BARN. Once the S/W index and the eventual economic loss linked to it have been calculated, the Elements Program provides for the actual analysis of the structures and cooling systems present in the farm and the analysis of the stable procedures.
3. PCORRECTIVE DESIGN The analysis leads to a third phase: the design of corrective measures (both structural/plant engineering (environmental settings, cooling systems, irrigation systems, lighting and windbreaks) and stable operating procedures (presence of animals, movements, times, methods of supplying fundamental elements: air, water, light).
4. OPERATIONAL PHASE: INSTALLATIONS AND PROCEDURES. After the presentation of an estimate and possible acceptance, we move on to the production of what was defined in the project phase: we therefore go on to the installation (or adaptation) of the cooling systems and the setting up of the stable operating procedures. The prerogative is to obtain an automated cooling management, with less work for the breeder, against a greater welfare of the farm and production efficiency.
5.TEMPERATURE MONITORING The temperature monitoring phase involves the insertion of vaginal data loggers on a representative sample of the herd (eight cows per group), in order to monitor the basal temperature of the cows. (In fact, there is strong scientific evidence that the productive and reproductive performance of cows is fully preserved when their core temperature is below 39.2°C. Action must therefore be taken to ensure that the animal maintains this value for as long as possible, ideally throughout the day). Temperature monitoring will enable the new stable settings to be verified and any necessary improvements to be made.
6. VERIFICATION OF RESULTS AND CONSTANT SUPPORT. At pre-defined intervals, Arienti technicians, together with the breeder, check the systems, monitor the conditions of the farm and follow the results, also in economic terms, providing short-, medium- and long-term data, for constant support, health and production security.